Terms of Service
By accessing the website at https://thestorygraph.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
1. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on The StoryGraph's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
1. modify or copy the materials;
2. use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
3. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on The StoryGraph's website;
4. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
5. transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
2. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The StoryGraph at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
1. The materials on The StoryGraph's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. The StoryGraph makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
2. Further, The StoryGraph does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
1. Some parts of The StoryGraph are billed on a subscription basis. If you purchase a subscription, you will be billed in advance on a recurring and periodic basis. These billing cycles are set on a regular basis, typically monthly or yearly.
2. At the end of each billing cycle, your subscription will automatically renew under the same conditions unless you cancel it or The StoryGraph cancels it. You may cancel your subscription renewal at any time either via your online account management page or by contacting customer support.
3. A valid payment method, including credit card, is required to process the payment for your subscription. You shall provide The StoryGraph or its third-party payment processor, with accurate and complete billing information. By submitting such payment information, you automatically authorize The StoryGraph to charge all subscription fees incurred through your account to any such payment instruments. All amounts paid are non-refundable. You further agree to be responsible for all taxes associated with the service, along with any transaction fees and currency conversions added by your financial institution and intermediaries. All amounts are in US Dollars, British Pound Sterling, or Euros.
4. The StoryGraph may, at its sole discretion, offer a subscription with a free trial for a limited period of time. You may be required to enter your billing information in order to sign up for a free trial. If you do enter your billing information when signing up for a free trial, you will not be charged by The StoryGraph until the free trial has expired. On the last day of the free trial period, unless you cancelled your subscription, you will be automatically charged any applicable subscription fees.
5. At any time and without notice, The StoryGraph reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of the free trial offer, or cancel any free trial offer.
6. The StoryGraph, in its sole discretion and at any time, may modify the subscription fees. Any subscription fee change will become effective at the end of your current billing cycle. The StoryGraph will provide you with reasonable prior notice of any change in subscription fees to give you an opportunity to terminate your subscription before such change becomes effective. Your continued use of the service after the subscription fee change comes into effect constitutes your agreement to pay the modified subscription fee amount.
All amounts paid are non-refundable. Certain refund requests for subscriptions may be considered by The StoryGraph on a case-by-case basis and granted at the sole discretion of The StoryGraph.
In no event shall The StoryGraph or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The StoryGraph's website, even if The StoryGraph or a The StoryGraph authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
7. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on The StoryGraph's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The StoryGraph does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. The StoryGraph may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However The StoryGraph does not make any commitment to update the materials.
The StoryGraph has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The StoryGraph of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
The StoryGraph may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
10. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.